Sunday, October 6, 2013

Blog #7: The guide of shelter (Kumi)

Hi, this is Kumi. I have iPhone 4S, and today I introduce the application in my iPhone, "The guide of shelter (避難所ガイド)". I installed this because of my father's recommendation.
This application give us  the information we have to need when the catastrophe (such as major earthquake) happens. The users can know where they should escape and what it happens and how their families are doing.
For example, when the large earthquake happens, this application uses GPS and search the shelter near from us. It show us not only where shelter is but also how high the shelter is. Maybe this information is more useful at the town near the sea than at the city. The high of shelter is important for escaping from TSUNAMI. We can see these information at anytime, so we should know where the shelter is before the large earthquake happens, I think.
 After evacuation, if you want the official information, it shows you official twitter's account. When the disaster, everyone want to catch the  information, so official homepage is more difficult to access than twitter. In this case, twitter is very useful.
And it introduce us how to contact to our family. Many people already know this, but there is a few people who  don't know this. This information is useful for such people.

 Fortunately, I've never been a situation this is necessary. However Japan is the country a lot of earthquakes happen. We should ready for catastrophes such as big earthquake. I recommend you this application "The guide of shelter".

4 comments:

  1. This is a very important app for all of us in Japan to have. I hope we never have to use it, but it is good to have it, just in case. Do you know where you should go to seek shelter if there is an earthquake while you are Gakushuin? How about at home?
    Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, this is Kumi.
      Yes, I know it. While I'm Gakushuin, I shouldn't move other place. Gakushuin is one of the shelters in this area. Gakushuin have a lot of emergency stores. When an earthquake happens, we only have to go out of the building and follow the broadcasting from school.
      And at home, I'll go to Kamituruma elementary school when earthquake happens. There are many shelters in my area, so my family decides where we escape to after Great East Japan Earthquake.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I'm Kyoka. This application is important for us, because we don't know when and where an earthquake occurs. I will also install this application!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Yuka. I heard about this application last week by you. Then this application really useful, I thought. I don't know where is shelter near Gakushuin University. So I try to use this application soon. Thank you for your information!

    ReplyDelete