Sunday, September 22, 2013

Blog#5: Saitama(Kohei)

Hi, I'm Kohei. I'd like to talk about my city, Saitama. I live in Saitama in Saitama. さいたま is cyty name and 埼玉 is prefecture name. Both of them are "Saitama". Now, I will introduce Saitama city.

Saitama is famous for Saitama Super Arena. A lot of events are held in this building. For example, basketball games, music festivals, variety shows and so on. Also, coming-of-age-ceremony is held in Saitama Super Arena. Actually, I will go to this ceremony next year. Saitama Super Arena holds events frequently so you can go to there and can enjoy event.

Next, I want you to visit The Railway Museum near Omiya station. You can see many kinds of trains what were actually running in Japan in the past. I'm not familiar with the train but I was excited to see old trains, steam locomotives and the Shinkansen. If you are interested in trains, of course who are not, too, I strongly recommend The Railway Museum. You can enter for free and also can buy various goods.

Near The Railway Museum, there is Hikawa shrine (氷川神社). There are some Hikawa shrine in Kanto region but this one is the head shrine of the sect. So its area is larger. It is good for taking a walk, I think.

Saitama will give you a warm welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Yuka! The Railway Museum is wonderful! I like train and railway very much. So, I want to go there. Especially, I like sleeping car. But, I don't ride the train yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Kumi. I' interested in the Railway Museum, too. My father is a railways' fan, so I'll recommend it to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Miyuki. Although I live in Saitama prefecture, I have never visited Saitama city. So I want to visit there. I'm interested in the Railway Museum and Saitama Super Arena. This arena is home for Urawa Reds, isn't it? I wish to watch Reds' Game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is Kyoka. I went to high school in Saitama city. Since the railway museum is near from my friend's house, I would like to go there.

    ReplyDelete