Sunday, October 27, 2013

Blog #8: Higashirinkan, my neighbourhood (Kumi)

Hi, this is Kumi. I live in Higashirinkan. It is a part of Sagamihara City. The station near my house is Higashirinkan station on Odakyu line. It takes 10 minutes from my house to the station on my foot. Higashirinkan have small shopping street. But it's a residential area, so there isn't a big shopping mall. However Higashirinkan is very good place to live in. Today, I'd like to introduce the good points of Higashirinkan.

First, this area has a lot of hospitals.  Look this google map around Higashirinkan station.
These red points are all hospitals! When I feel bad, I can arrive at a hospital quickly. Moreover one of these "Toshibarinkan Hospital" is the large hospital we can be hospitalized. And Higashirinkan have many school, too. The number of hospitals and schools is one of the most important things to live there, I think.

Second, my area have the row of beautiful cherry blossoms.
This photo is taken in March. These cherry blossom trees are very old, so they are very huge and magnificent! They are growing in Toshibarinkan Hospital. My family go to view the cherry blossoms every year. I'm happy every spring!

Third, Higashirinkan is quiet, but next station "Sagami-ono" is flourish.
It takes 15 minutes from Higashirinkan to Sagami-ono by bicycle. I don't like that big area is too near from home, I like this distance. In Sagami-ono, there is a good station building "station SQUARE", a big shopping mall "Bono Sagami-ono", and a department store "Isetan". Many Higashirinkan people go to shopping in holidays or work in part-time job in Sagami-ono. I work in part-time job there, too. And Sagami-ono have a good concert hall "Green Hall" and a large library.

Higashirinkan is quiet, but not inconvenient area. I love Higashirinkan.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Kyoka. Your town is convenient. My town don't have many hospitals and schools. I like cherry blossom, so I want to go there in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Miyuki. I have never been Higashirinkan but cherry blossoms are very beautiful! I think it is good that next station is flourish because shopping mall is convenient. So I want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Ms. MacGregor. It sounds like your location is ideal. Is HIgashirinkan a local station? I suppose so. Sagami-Ono is a very lively area. I suppose you can buy everything you need and want there. In that case, do you go to the main parts of Tokyo such as Shibuya, Ikebukuro or Shinjuku?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, this is Kumi. Yes, Higashirinkan is local station, so I often change the train from local to express at Sagami-Ono station. And regarding shopping, your opinion is exactly right. I can buy almost things I need there, so I rarely go shopping to other place. Last sunday, I bought a new coat in Sagami-Ono, too.

      Delete