Sunday, October 6, 2013

Blog#7: A cool thing I can do on my cellphone(Miyuki)

 Hi, I'm Miyuki. I have Xperia Z, Android phone and I introduce "Google Sky Map". This is in the white folder and the left icon.


 This application can watch stars in the whole sky and every seasons and every time (even in the daytime!). Since I join in the earth-science club, it is very useful on astronomical observation. For example, this is the Plough, the Great Bear:



 And this is the Little Bear and the polestar:

 
 
 Depending on establishment, we can confirm names of fixed stars, planets and so on. Whether you are familiar with astronomy or not, please try it.

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever seen these constellations in the sky with your own eyes? Speaking of star watching, have you been to a planetarium? I think I heard there was a good one in Ikebukuro but I would have to check it for sure. Let me know your favourite constellation!
    Ms. MacGregor
    p.s. what do you do in your club?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Kumi. It's interesting app, I think! This app can be used not only as planisphere(星座早見盤) but also planetarium, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Kyoka. I like watching stars but I don't know where are constellations. I can enjoy watching a constellation by using this application. I installed this instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is Yuka. I don't know this application. It's so nice! I use "Google map" everyday. But I don't know this application. So I want to try it ! I like to watch stars. I try this application, then I want to watch autumn stars.

    ReplyDelete