Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Blog#3: Vatican Museums(Kumi)

Hi, this is Kumi. Last summer, I took a trip to Italy with my mother. It was a fantastic trip! In this trip, I visited two museums: Uffizi Gallery(ウフィッツィ美術館, "Galleria degli Uffizi") and Vatican Museums(ヴァチカン美術館, "Musei Vaticani").  There were a lot of impressive exhibits, so I love both of them and want to recommend both. However, today, I'd like to introduce Vatican Museums.

Vatican Palace(ヴァチカン宮殿, "Palazzi Vaticani")
Vatican Museums are in the Vatican at Rome. They are in Vatican Palace and connected with St. Peter's Basilica(サンピエトロ大聖堂, "Basilica di San Pietro in Vaticano"). Vatican Museums are the complex of various kinds of art museums. There are a sculpture museum, an Egyptian art museum, and a modern art museum, etc. These museums are very very large, so I was able to see only really famous works! I wanted to see more! I am still disappointed about this thing.
Photo in Vatican Museums.
This ceiling is beautiful, isn't it? I think it's an art work, too.
Pietà(ピエタ像)
Especially, I like this sculpture made by Michelangelo,"Pietà". I think this Maria 's look is full of affection. It's in St. Peter's Basilica, but we can see this in  museum visiting course.
The Last Judgment(最後の審判,"Giudizio Universale")
And  we could see this famous picture, "The Last Judgment". This work is made by Michelangelo, too. This is on Sistine Chapel(システィーナ礼拝堂, "Cappella Sistina")'s wall, but this work is in museum visiting course,too. When I see this picture, I was moved deeply too much and couldn't say anything. In only Sistine Chapel,  we couldn't take a photo, so this photo is the replica's photo.

If you're a Christian or don't have religion prejudice, please visit these museums!
You must be moved by Vatican Museums.

 Do you like visiting museums?
-Yes, of course! I think art makes our hearts rich.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Ms. MacGregor. These two museums are places I really want to visit, so thank you for introducing them in this blog. As you said, the works on the walls and ceilings are masterpieces. Can you imagine how the artists designed and actually painted them? It really must have been challenging. However, the results are priceless. How wonderful that you were able to see them with your own eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, this is Kumi. I'm happy to have you be glad! According there guide, the walls and ceilings were designed by a few famous artists and made by a lot of nameless artists. When I heard this thing, I thought "These museums are one huge masterpiece by many people!" I had a fantastic experience.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I'm Kyoka. Vatican Museums is so wonderful! I haven't gone to Italy, so I want to go Italy and visit these museums. But it is so difficult to visit all museums in Vatican Museums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Kohei. What a beautiful photographs! I've never been to such a historical museum. How long did you stay in Vatican Museums? I think you needed a lot of time to see these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is Miyuki. I regret that I don't go such a beautiful museum.... I think it is good to watch the art at the place they ware created. So I want to go to these museum in foreign country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm Yuka. I watch these art works before. I felt power about Michelangelo's picture. Especially, I like "The Last Judgment". I want to watch this picture once again.

    ReplyDelete