Monday, September 16, 2013

blog#6: Returning to My Hometown

 Hi. I'm Miyuki. I went to Sakata city in Yamagata for three days because I and my father returned to hometown. Although I was born and raised in Saitama, I love Sakata city. So I call this city not "my father's hometown" but "my hometown".
 In the first day, I went to a harbor. There is an esplanade. Defense ship of Japan Coast Guard and fish boats were at anchor.

Defense ship

In the socond day, I went to the waterfall,called "waterfall of bamboo blind(玉簾の滝)". This has legend that Japanese ancient Buddhist priest,Kukai(空海) discovered and named it. This is illuminated in summer.

waterfall of bamboo blind


 I go to Sakata almost every year, I've never lost interest in this city. I want to go there in next year,too!






4 comments:

  1. Have you been to this waterfalls before? How big is it? Does the sound from the falling water roar loudly? It looks like a good place to feel cooler on a hot day.
    Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Yuka! I want to go there. I like the Tohoku area. But, I don't go Yamagata yet. Is there many green of trees? What do you like local dish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Kumi. Waterfall of bamboo blind is really like bamboo blind!! It looks nice and cool. Did you feel good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm Kyoka. I want to go to waterfall of bamboo blind. I was surprised to know that Kuukai discovered it. It seems to be cool there!

    ReplyDelete