Sunday, June 23, 2013

Blog#3: Museum of light(Yuka)

Hi, this is Yuka. Today, I want to introduce about my favorite museum. The name of the museum is Museum of light(光の美術館). I visited the museum in the autumn two years ago with my family. This museum is located in the north of Yamanashi prefecture. I could see beautiful red and yellow leaves there.
   Museum of light(光の美術館)
This museum is designed by Tadao Ando(安藤忠雄). Tadao Ando is famous architect in Japan. In addition, He designed Church of light(光の教会) at Osaka prefecture. 
 Church of light(光の教会), Cross of light(光の十字架)
I am very fond of this architecture! I'm going to visit this church sometime. But, I have to go there sunny day then. Because, I want to see this Cross of light(光の十字架). This cross is made by the sun. By the way, do you know Antoni Clave(アントニ・クラーベ)? He is artist at Spain. His paintings are exhibited at Museum of light(光の美術館). He was affected by Picasso. His pictures are abstract painting. But for some reason,  I am fascinated by his pictures.  
Picture of Antoni Clave(アントニ・クラーベ)

6 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Ms. MacGregor. Why is this museum called the Museum of Light? I am curious about the meaning and how you happened to go there. There are so many museums in Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Ms. MacGregor. Thank you your comment. Ando Tadao(安藤 忠雄) designed this museum. He had an interest in architecture of light's effect. So, he designed architecture about light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Miyuki. Are there buildings like the Church of light in Museum of light? Or are there the exhibision about light? I'm curious about the name of museum, too.
    I want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is Kumi. Wow! I didn't know this museum, but it looks very nice. I'm intersted in this. The building itself is art work, isn't it? I feel that arts of light are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm Kyoka. Cross of light is so beautiful! I want to visit there sunny day! I didn't know Antoni Clave. I'm going to search him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm Kohei. I know Ando Tadao(安藤 忠雄)! I learned him in high school. I learned that he took the sunlight in building through the gap in the wall as Cross of light. I really want to visit this museum!

    ReplyDelete