Monday, June 24, 2013

Blog#3: The National Museum of Western Art (Miyuki)

Hi, this is Miyuki. On June 2,  I went to The National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo (国立西洋美術館) at Ueno to visit the exhibition of Raffaello. If it says from a conclusion, this exhibision was very interesting for me.

the Nationl Museum of Western Art 
 
 In this exhibision, I watched many pictures painted by Raffaello Santi(1483-1520) and his apprentices. And I like some pictures among these exhibision.
 First, this is "the figure of saint's mother and child (聖母子像)". This visits to Japan for the first time. It was painted in 1505-1506 and owned by Palatina Museum now. It seems to be fill with the affection. I'm not a Christian, but I feel pious.
 
 

the figure of saint's mother and child 
 
Second, this is"Saint Georgius and a dragon". It was painted in 1504-1505 and owned by Louvre Museum now. Saint Georgius(Saint George in English?) was born in Cappadocia and killed the dragon to rescue the princess. I'm interested in the legends of dragon-killer, so I enjoyed watching this.
 
Saint Georgius and a dragon
 
 After watching the exhibision, I went to the standing exhibision. The  exhibision of Raffaero is called "the special exhibision(特別展)" and has time limit. On the other hands, the standing exhibision has no limit and has few exchanges of the exhibits. In the standing exhibision, I'm very much pleased with this picture, "Self-Portrait". This picture was painted by Marie-Gabrielle Capet(1761-1818) around 1783.I like this picture because the blue of this dress is very vivid and she is so charming.
 
Self-Portrait
 
 Actually, this is first time that I visited here. However, I'm pleased with this museum. So I will recommend you to visit here!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Ms. MacGregor. What is the name of the artist in English? Is it Raphael? He was a famous artist in the Renaissance period. I think he lived in a period when 3-dimensional painting was developed. Is that right? Please tell me more about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Kumi. I have been to "the exhibition of Raffaello" in The National Museum of Western Art, too. It was wonderfull exhibition, wasn't it? It was already closed, but I want to see it again in japan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Yuka. I love Raffaelo very much. So, I want to go to the National Museum of Western Art. And when I will watch the figure of saint's mother and child,
    I want to feel pious. By the way, was this museum crowded? I want to go there soon. So I want to know this case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm Kyoka. I have been to this museum. But I didn't remember much. I wanted to see this exhibition! I think this museum is so crowded. Could you see slowly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm Kohei. My friend also visited this museum and saw this exhibition. She said it was very good, too. I would like to visit there!

    ReplyDelete