Sunday, September 1, 2013

Blog#6: My trip to a hot spring (Yuka)

Hi, I'm Yuka. Today, I talk about my trip to a hot spring this summer vacation. Although Kita Hot Spring is flourished from long time ago, there is only one hot spring lodge.This is Kita Hot Spring Hotel. Now it is flourished as a place for hot spring therapy. This hot spring hotel is a location site of the movie, Therumae Romae(テルマエ・ロマエ) which was a big hit recently. This movie is certainly concerned about hot spring, but I haven't seen yet. If I have a chance, I would like to see it.
Kita Hot Spring Hotel is a location site of the movie.
I need to walk to Kita Hot Spring. I walked about 10 minutes mountain path and reached Kita Hot Spring Hotel. A big hot spring pool in front of the hotel is impressive.
A big hot spring pool
The hotel has traditional atmosphere and I feel a nostalgic good old memory. There came foreigners. 
The interior of Kita Hot Spring Hotel
One of my favorite point of this hot spring hotel is that there two cats! They are at the front of desk and make customers relaxed.

Pretty two cats of this hotel
Secondly, certainly hot springs! The hot springs in refreshing and plain but plenty of hot springs and I forgot my fatigue completely. Especially, most popular hot spring is called "tengu no yu" where a big and red tengu-mask is decorated.
"tengu no yu"
As there remains a tradithional hot spring hotel style, I can be very relaxed. This is the one of the most wonderful hot spring hotel. At night, I can see beautiful stars. I want to go there every year, I think. Why don't you go there if you have a chance?



3 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Kumi. I watched Therumae Romae in the cinema. I like it. I'm glad that its 2nd movie will be load show. It's very interesting movie, so you should see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Miyuki. You had a nice trip! KIta hot spring is Totigi prefecture, isn't it? I don't go Totigi much, so I want to go there. And the cats of this picture is very cute! Do you like cat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Kyoka. I watched Therumae Romae, too. I did not think that it was a hot spring which exists truly. I would like to go to a historied hot spring like there very much!

    ReplyDelete