Friday, August 16, 2013

Blog#6: My cultural day

Hi, this is Kumi. Today, I talk about my wonderful day, August 14th. On that day, I went to Harry Potter exhibition with my friend. I'm Harry Potter's fan, so I was eager to visit this exhibition since it opened.
Harry Potter exhibition was very very crowded, and I had to wait for 1 hour. I think "How many Harry Potter's fan is in Japan!! " We could see clothes which the actors and the actresses put on, and stage properties(小道具). We could experience throwing Quaffle like movies, too. We're prohibited take a photo there, so I don't have there photos. I had to wait for a long time,  but Harry Potter exhibition is worth waiting for fan.
      ↑↑ The news when Harry Potter exhibition opened
 And we can eat traditional english food and drink alcohol in the cafe "The magicians' cafe&pub(魔法使いのカフェ&パブ)".
We ate fish&chips and shepherd's pie. Shepherd's pie is a meat pie with a crust of mashed potato. It's called "Cottage pie", too. They were very delicios!! I like them.
 
Next, my friend and I went to Kabuki-za. We watched Kabuki!
The programs I watched were "Kori-Kori Banashi(狐狸狐狸ばなし)" and "Bou-Shibari(棒しばり)". Kori means fox and raccoon dog(タヌキ). Kori-Kori Banashi is the story of a couple's cheating each other. It is funny story. And in Kori-Kori Banashi, the actors used modern Japanese. So its story was easy to understand for me. Bou-shibari is the story about alcoholic drink. This story is funny, too. My seat was far from the stage, but I had a pleasant time.
 
I had a very cultural day. I'm satisfied about this day.

5 comments:

  1. What an excellent day you had! I am glad you saw Kabuki. The plays you saw are very traditional and very popular. They are often shown at Kabuki-za. The cheaper seats are far from the stage so it is essential to have binoculars or opera glasses. I am amazed every time I see Kabuki by the movement, costumes, stories, and emotions expressed.
    Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, this is Kumi. Yes! My seat was cheaper, so I brought binoculars. And last Saturday, I went to Kabuki, too. I watched "Onmyou-zi". It was very nice. Unfortunately, it will be finished in November 29th. But I want to see it once more.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I'm Miyuki. I regret not visiting this exhibision because I like Harry Potter too! I wish talk about Harry Potter with you another time. And watching Kabuki is wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Kyoka. My friends also visited Harry Potter exhibition, but I didn't. The atmosphere of this show is wonderful. I wanted to visit exhibision! Because I have not seen kabuki in the Kabuki-za,I would like to look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is Yuka. I wanted to go Harry Potter exhibition very much! I watched the movie only. (I don't read the books.) But, I like this world view about magic.

    ReplyDelete