Thursday, August 1, 2013

Blog#5: Kyoto(Yuka)

Hi, I'm Yuka. I'd like to talk about my city Kyoto. This city is in Kyoto.
First, Kyoto is famous for many temple. For example, Kinkaku-temple(金閣寺), Kiyomizu-temple(清水寺), Daikaku-temple(大覚寺), Sanzenin(三千院), Nanzen-temple(南禅寺)...and so on. These temples create an atmosphere of calm. There are the quite precincts of a temple. When I go to there, I can relax.
Sanzenin(三千院)
Second, if you come in Kyoto, you should see Gion festival(祇園祭) in July. It lasts one month. But, especially you should go this festival in July 16. Because, this festival is at its peak on that day. It called Yoiyama(宵山). And, it's highlight is Yamabokojyunko(山鉾巡行). Yamaboko(山鉾)is festival float. People dance, play the flute, and beat the drum on the Yamaboko(山鉾). Yamaboko(山鉾) is very beautiful festival float. It called moving museum.
Yamaboko(山鉾)
Gion festival(祇園祭)is very famous and old festival. This festival was done about one thousand forty three yeas ago. If you want to go to Kyoto, you have to  go  there in July. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Kumi. I love Kyoto since my junior high school trip. Especialy, I like Ginkaku-zi. And I studied Gion in other class, so I'm intersted in Gion. Someday I want to watch Yamaboko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Miyuki. I have gone Kyoto and visit Kinkaku-temple and Kiyomizu-temple in my junior high school trip but I can't watch Gion festival. So I visit there in July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Kyoka. I like Kyoto. Because I visited Kyoto in my junior high school trip and high school trip. But I don't visit there after becoming a college student. I would like to look Gion festival very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Kyoto for Gion once and I saw the parade on July 16. It was very crowded! My impression is that the parade was slow and solemn. I think I prefer more lively festivals such as Nebuta or Awa Odori. Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete